Experience and qualifications for a web development position, Pawel Golabek
Almost all coded from scratch. The only plug-ins I have used were fotorama for gallery and some php to make the contact form work.
Everything else was done using Bootstrap 3, CSS3 and HTML5. Website is responsive.
- Front page: link
- Tabs and modal for each student to see their completed projects: link
- List of Astronomy Projects - select project to see detailed description: link
- Timetables: link
- Menu of all of the school projects: link
All of my solutions can be found here: link
Programming Languages and tools I use
- Sublime Text - for writing code
- Hostgator - shared hosting account for 4 years, registered 6 domains, creating emails/fetching emails with a gmail account, installing Joomla for a client, in general I have a good knowledge about their CPanel
- FileZilla - to transfer files to/from the server
- Chrome, Mozilla, IE, Opera - to test if a website works in all popular browsers
- MobileTest and QuirkTools - Screenfly for testing responsiveness
- Pixlr - to resize or crop images
- Google's PageSpeed Insights - to test page speed
- Windows PowerShell - the most important commands
- Python 3.5 - simple programs
- Purity 3 template - I have built a few websites using this Joomla template. Unfortunately I found that many third-party Joomla extensions have problem with responsiveness.
- My Github account and Codepen account - Not much there, most of my work can be found at my FreeCodeCamp account
- The Complete Web Developer Course 2.0 by Rob Percival link
- Bootstrap 3 Tutorial with Brad Hussey link
- jQuery Tutorial with Brad Hussey link
- Python Tutorial link
- Web Crawler in Python by thenewboston link
- I had a Matlab course in university to solve math problems that cannot be solved analytically
- I have a Bachelor degree in Mathematics from Cambridge University (Homerton College) link
- I have studied for one year Computer Science in University of Wroclaw link
- My A-levels: Mathematics A*, Further Mathematics A* as private candidate from Cambridge International Examinations link
- After maths I think it is easier to analyze things like rounding errors or time complexity of algorithms (the order of algorithms as n tends to infinity). Also I found that with multiple variables in messy programs it's important to know when program fixes the variable something very similar you need to know when you study differential equations over many variables
- Languages: Native in Polish, Fluent in English, decent in Romanian, Very basic in German, Some funny quotes in Spanish, Russian, Greek and Italian (ups the French forgive me xD )
Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts - Einstein
I think Elon Musk is a great guy and I love the idea of colonizing Mars, solar energy (unfortunately it seems it's not so easy) and electric cars.
Let me know if you have any questions! I will be happy to answer!